Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pets!


Pets have made my life more balanced and unbalanced! We have many animals in our household. From dogs to fish, we have run the gamut. Some have come into our lives for only a short time (ie hamsters, etc), but all have been loved and cared for.
When I was growing up, we were allowed a dog. Oh, I admit, a gerbil did come to visit, but dogs were all my dad wanted. I was about 7 or 8 when we got our first dog, which is saying something, because my brother was a teenager by then. So much for a boy and his dog! We had to name the dog Blackie because my dad had a dog named Blackie when he was young. This dog was a pure bred Puli and was very cranky. So much for the family pet. He was very hairy as well. He contracted cancer or something and I think I was in my early teens when we had to put him down.
Our next dog was a mutt my sister brought home. It was named Muffin. My mom had a dog named, you guessed it, Muffin when she was young. Muffin was nice enough, but a big chicken. She would get in the tub whenever it stormed! I moved away and can’t remember when Muffin crossed the great rainbow bridge.
Move onto adult hood. My husband and I had a few cats. Such a novelty! But the cats were not strictly indoor ones and all came to untimely demises. We got our first dog in 2001. A little beagle that is still going strong at 12 years old! We added her “sister”, another beagle a couple of years later and now have added another cat, (indoor only of course). Again fish, hamsters and guneia pigs have come and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment