Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bebe 1


Expanding on my last pet blog, I would like to tell you about the coolest dog ever! Her name is Bebe and she is 12 years old.
The day I went to pick out a dog, I knew I was looking for a female beagle. I had researched pets and these were considered very kid and family friendly. Since I had a mean dog growing up, this was very important to me. I called the pound and they said they did have a female beagle. I went down to investigate. Cage after cage, there were big, barking dogs and amidst it all, the cage in the middle housed a sweet little dog, just taking it all in. I asked to see her and they put us in a little tiled room with one chair. We began to get acquainted. I picked her up and held her like a baby. All the dog books said a good dog would be submissive to this and not struggle. She passed the test with flying colors allowing me to rub her belly with glee. I was in love. I wisely paid for her and told them my husband would be by to pick her up after work. I called him and told him he had to come by and see this sweet pup at the pound. I did not tell him I had already paid for her! ;-) I had to let him think it was “his” decision. Sure enough, home he came with our cute new addition. The kids thought he was their hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment