Monday, December 5, 2011

Ready for Christmas


My goal was to have Christmas wrapped up and ready to go by December 1st. I made it by December 2nd. It was the wrapping that got me! It is hard to stand for long periods of time, so I had to break up the wrapping into 2 days. It is amazing how much stuff I had once I pulled it all out. Way too much stuff. Even to the point, that I was sharing gifts with my daughters. “Here, do you want to give this to Dad for Christmas” (Of course, the answer was yes!), “Here, do you want to give this to Aunt Lisa”? I am even passing gifts to my mother to give to my children! This is part of my plan to shop all year. It is especially tough this year, as I am trying to be frugal and having to juggle shoving this gift onto this credit card and that gift onto that credit card.
I skimped on our outdoor decorations this year too. Last year I finally won the neighborhood decorating contest, so the pressure is off. I did not over decorate the windows, and I did not go down the side of the driveway or around the garage. Just didn’t see the need. I did put up some of the inflatables and I did go all the way down the side of the house and around the deck in the back.
The tree is up and each room is decorated with its theme items. It was hard this year, because we have new furniture in the family so it took a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment