Monday, December 5, 2011

Ice, snow, nothing?


It smells like snow, it looks like snow, but once again, NO snow! I love snow and I do not mind driving in it, so I am ready for it. I love to watch the snow fall. But technically speaking, learning from my current meteorology class, no snow is going to show for a while. There is just not enough moisture in the lower atmosphere to make snow. There is plenty of moisture aloft in the upper atmosphere, but it just cannot penetrate to make it down to the earth. And if it did make it down to the earth, the ground temperature is still so warm, that any snow would melt right away. Oh sure, we may get some on the grassy areas, but otherwise, no pretties right now.
I do not enjoy shoveling snow, and my husband is not allowed to do it because of his heart condition, so I have hired myself a neighborhood teen to do the job for me. I told him not even to call, if it is over 2 inches, come on over and shovel and I will gladly pay him. I also hired him to install my outside Christmas lights. Glad to help a teen make some quick money.
I hope we do not get too much ice this year. The weatherman has predicted a white Christmas, but he did say we are having a repeat La Nina flow this year, which means ice before the snow comes down. Hopefully he will be wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment