Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Helping out


One of the best quotes I have heard in a while is, “If you want something done, ask a busy person”. This is one of the truer statements I can relate to! There are however people that ARE busy and people that like to ACT busy. The trick is to find the ones that know how to do time management! And then you have to beg them to take on one more thing. This takes planning and skill itself, but once you reel them in, you can rest assured that 75% of the time it will be done and done right. The only real risk you run is the fact that the busy person might drop the ball and forget they promised to do something for you. There is an easy fix for this though, you can remind them they promised to assist you in some way.

I am guilty of this, because I must look like one of the busiest people in the world, as people are always asking me to help! I long ago learned that God put me on this earth to be a servant, but where to draw the line? I love to help people out, but I also have to take care of my own family first. When things run into monetary donations, I have been known to donate even when it is not in the best interest of my family. I am always running, and my husband watches me (from the couch) and frowns and says, “you do too much!” I figure I’ll rest when I am dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment