Thursday, December 22, 2011

Spending time with girlfriends!


I have been so blessed to spend so much time this week with some wonderful women in my life. The holiday season is a great time to catch up with those we love. So often “life gets in the way” and we barely have time to throw quick bits of information at each other in speedy phone calls or emails.

Yesterday, I got to spend the whole afternoon with my best friend. I was kind of bummed because we could have spent the whole day together, but I didn’t feel well. First we went to a movie. We went to see “New Years Eve” as it is a nice mind mush feel good movie. Then we did a little shopping. I must admit, I hate shopping and although my best friend doesn’t, she is a shopper with a purpose. Get in, pick up what you want, and get out! It worked wonderfully for us. I finished every little bit of Christmas I needed to finish and she made a little bit bigger dent in hers.

Today I had lunch with two of my fabulous friends I had met through work. We are all at such different places in our lives now, but the underlying friendship is still there. We had a lovely time together, and even though it was just for over an hour, it gives that little boost of bond strengthening we needed. Fun to catch up on kids and grandkids, what’s happening and hopes for the future. We used a coupon too! Inexpensive and fulfilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment