Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Decorating


Continuing on with decorating, lets talk about the inside of houses. I must admit, I am not a decorator. Never was. I  can match colors and make things look decent, but never decorator. My house is comfortable, but very functional! I am jealous of my friends that pull off such beautiful decorating and for very cheap!
Christmas decorating is so much fun. I like to go with a red/white theme. My husband prefers multi-color, but I overrule him! And each room in the house has a theme. Snowmen in the dining room, gingerbread men in the kitchen. The main floor bath is, of course, SANTA! The office is angels and the family room is sets of things, like sets of reindeer, sets of nutcrackers and so all. These all decorate the shelves in the family room. The tree is decorated in white lights with red beads and red bows. 

Some of my friends homes are decorator perfect. Woodsy charm, natural items decorated with bows and garlands. It is fun to visit them. Do they have a real tree or a fake tree? A skinny tree or a fat tree? Do they have gifts around the bottom of the tree, or does it have a train or nativity under it?

Some people have very sparse decorations. Some have all the busy ness and colors flying! It is fun to do snowflakes and blues, candy canes and red and whites and multi colored! You have to love the colors of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment