Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Let it Snow!


Snow! I love the cold and the snow. I know many people would disagree with me, especially my husband who enjoys the hot sun of summer. (Yuck). As a native St. Louisian, I am used to snow and do not really mind too much driving in it either. I can’t say I enjoy driving in it, but once you get your snow wheels under you, you do get used to it.
Nothing, of course, is better, than to be snug in your home, Christmas tree lit, fire in the fireplace and snow gently falling outside your window. Snug inside, you are tucked in a cozy chair, wrapped in a snug, soft blanket. In your hand is a wonderful book, by your side is a cup of cocoa and at your feet is a curled up beloved cat or dog. Ahhhh. Yes.
In reality, snow usually comes when you have to be at work, are running late and have bald tires. You try to shovel, but it is probably easier to just drive over it and worry about it later! And the cold. It can be the worst. Trying to clear off your car with wind howling and the bitter cold biting through your coat and gloves. Snow tucking into your shoes because you couldn’t find your boots. Despite, the drudge of all of this, I still LOVE SNOW!
Snow is beautiful and magical. It floats so quietly to the ground and heaps up into gentle drifts. It covers up the ugly grey and brown colors of winter and dusts it in a pristine cover of white. Welcome snow season!

No comments:

Post a Comment