Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving thankfulness


I have so many things to be thankful for at Thanksgiving! The first thing I have to be thankful for is living in a country where I am free to worship my Lord and God. I can freely go to church, to Bible study and to pray to my God in public. And to the soldiers that keep my country free to do this, I am very thankful as well!
For my family, I am so very thankful. I have loving parents that are still with me. I have a big brother that made me an Aunt. I have a sister I finally can get along with! I am blessed to have my husband of many years and three gorgeous, smart, awesome daughters that sit at my table. Of course, with marriage there are in-laws and I like mine and they seem to like me! Who could ask for more? They all come to eat at our house on Thanksgiving along with added boyfriends and close friends. How blessed am I!
I am also blessed with a home that has room to hold all we love. It is not a fashion palace, but it is cozy and comfortable. We all tuck in together and squish together at the table.
Then there is our feast. How blessed am I to be able to provide yummy, healthy food to serve my family. The turkey (although very expensive this year!) was juicy and delicious. Everyone contributed something to eat and it all comes together in a wonderful way, topped with delicious pies for dessert. Blessed indeed, I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment