Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yummy chicken for dinner!


So the other night, I did not know what to cook for dinner. It had to be fast, as my middle daughter needed to be off to play practice. The youngest wanted hamburgers, but I knew I could not thaw the hamburger and make it on time.
So I checked the freezer. We did have pre cooked chicken breasts. So I boiled some noodles, thawed the pre cooked chicken and cut it into pieces. Now chicken with noodles would be easy, I needed some kind of sauce. My middle likes cream sauce, my youngest doesn’t like much, so I decided to make a cream sauce for the chicken and noodles.
First came the stick of butter! As I learned from the fine folks at Food Network, a stick of butter is good thing! I then added some heavy cream left over from Thanksgiving. As both of those blended in the pot together, I hunted down some milk and some grated Parmesan. I poured both generously into the pot and stirred it up. It thickened nicely and tasted good!
Sauce done, noodles done and chicken diced, I put it all together. Now normally, I would take it all, cover it with more cheese, like cheddar, and bake it in the over for a while. Since I did not have that kind of time, I just opted to stir it all up and serve it. It was still delicious.
Since I didn’t have lettuce and needed to at least offer some veggies, I again reached into my freezer and pulled out some broccoli wth cheese sauce and threw it in the microwave for 10 minutes. Violia! Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment