Friday, April 20, 2012

Spaghetti dinner

Tomorrow will be a true test for me. I have to cook spaghetti for over 100 people. As innocuous as that sounds, this is my first time co-hosting a fundraiser and I am scared to death! I am pretty sure I will not give anyone food poisoning, but it is a lot of responsibility to make and serve the food.

        It has been a lot of work preparing for this event. It is a fundraiser for Girl Scouts and I hope we do it justice.

        First, we had to get all the donations for the food. Unfortunately, some people do not feel obligated to do their part and accepting this and coming up with alternative methods is important.

Storing the food is an important factor in this. I seriously have a refrigerator full of lettuce! And this lettuce takes every opportunity to fall out at your feet. I have a freezer full of meatballs, a car trunk full of spaghetti and pasta and a bin in the garage full of rolls! Thank goodness I have committee chairs that are also harboring spaghetti, sauce, desserts and pats of butter!

We have promoted this dinner among the community, but so far have not received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, so I am not planning on making an excessive amount of food. I have taken on the attitude that I will just have fun and serve lots of good food to those who come. Leftovers will go down the street to the fire station and leftover unopened goods will go to the food pantry.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment