Monday, April 9, 2012

Cookies for Easter!

I tried a new recipe yesterday. I decided to make a recipe from the Pintrest website. I have gathered so many great recipes and ideas from this site, I just had to try one. I was trying to decide what else to bring to my mother’s house for Easter dinner. Normally I bring deviled eggs and I had planned on doing this, but I always try to bring something else too. It has evolved to bringing some kind of dessert item. Many times I have had a frozen pie left over from Thanksgiving. But this year, I decided to try a Lofthouse Cookie recipe. They are delicious and fattening sugar cookies you can buy at the grocery store. In this recipe you simply bake them on a jelly roll pan instead of rolling out the dough and cutting them into shapes with a cookie cutter before you bake them. I was surprised the recipe called for cream cheese, but I foraged ahead with my baking. The dough was surprisingly easy to make and although sticky, was easily spread onto the greased jelly roll pan. Once cooked and cooled, I iced the whole sheet and then began to cut out my shapes. Big mistake! I should have cut first and iced last. I sure had a mess on my hands. But once completed and nicely sprinkled, I pulled out the best ones and put them on a cute Easter plate. The verdict? They tasted pretty good, although a little too “cream cheesy” tasting for my palate. My daughters assured me they were delicious, but I will cut down on the cream cheese next time anyway. All in all, they were pretty yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment