Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Interview


I finally got a call about a job and went in for an interview. But before I got to the interview, I was led on a prescreening process. Boy, it has been years since I interviewed for a job and I was not prepared. Thank goodness I scored a second interview.

I was amazed at all the high tech stuff we had to go through. First I was led to a computer station. I had to re enter all my information from my resume. Then it was time for the TEST. Yikes! A simple skills test. I guess I passed because it was on to the first interview. I was asked really hard questions, like what were my strengths? What are my weaknesses?? Geeze, I have no clue. I do not sit around and analyze myself! Then they asked me what I like most about my current job and what did I dislike? My goodness. 

Here’s where I really took a dive. I told them that organization was my skill and that the fact that I was tired was my weakness. Haha! I am tired, but really? That was the best I could come up with?

There was no way I was touching the loaded question of, what did I like and dislike about my current job. It was risky to say anything at the risk of sounding like a disgruntled employee. So I told them I love my job and there was nothing that I didn’t like about it. Whatever! We’ll see if I get hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment