Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Got a Job

I have finally been hired! Found someone to give me a job! The pay is not great and the benefits are not great either, but it is a job.

I had to do a drug test to be able to start my job. How funny! I can pee if I cough, laugh or sneeze, but I was unable to fill the cup to the proper level when I had to turn in my sample. So funny because a couple of my friends work at the lab that I went to. My friend accused me of being "one of those" and sent me out to sit in the lobby again with my drink of water. I was not able to leave the building either. I was trapped until I could pee. Just plain silly. Once this was accomplished, I was thrilled!

My new job is a corporate job. The people are politely friendly. I have been issued a "cube". I am almost afraid to decorate it. Everything is gray upon gray upon gray. I think pink would break up the color scheme they have going on. Already been privy to the back stabbing and whispering . Joy. Hope I can survive. Is it really worth it?

I am working 7-3, which is not bad. The job is looking for lost or misappropriated money. I really don't have to work with people on the phone, so that is good. Once I get done training, I will be on my own and I am really looking forward to that. I already get bugged because even though my trainer has been doing it for 3 years, I can see how she is inefficiently using her key strokes. Don't worry, I am keeping my mouth shut.

We'll see how it goes! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment