Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Life as a Bag Lady

No, I was never a homeless woman pushing a shopping cart (thank you Lord Jesus!) I am talking about the compartmentalizing of my life in bags.  All kinds of bags! From a soft sided briefcase to plastic shopping bags, I am covered in carrying my life around! I have a specific bag for:

*My business (3)
*My coupons
*Girl Scout stuff (3)
*Library books
*My school books
*Bible study items
*A lunch bag

I love the recyclable store bags. They are roomy and sturdy.
I haul my bags to meetings and back, to sporting events, to work and to the car pool line. Just grab and go! It has truly made my life so much easier!

It is wonderful to have everything in one spot. Oh, the bags are scattered around my office, but still relatively contained! :-) If I have a piece of paperwork that needs to be somewhere, I find its bag and put it in. No more lost paperwork! Running to the library? No scrambling to find books, they are all waiting in their bag! 

I would highly recommend trying the bag method in your own life. You could start with a plastic grocery bag you bring home from the store. These are wonderful for throwing some lunch into or transporting stinky gym clothes coming home for a wash. Then work your way up to wonderful reusable store bag you can buy for a few cents. Get your children to use bags too! From book bags to lunch bags, you can all be organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment