Monday, March 12, 2012

100th Celebrations!


I have been blessed to be a part in the celebration events of two great organizations. Not just any celebration, but 100 year celebrations!
The first one was the 100th anniversary of the St. Louis Christmas Carols Association. I have been an area chairperson for over 7 years here and I was so excited to be a part of the party! They kicked off the festivities with a big party at a hotel downtown. There was an awesome dinner and lots of speeches  and caroling, of course! This organization was started 100 years ago by William Danforth and he actually was waiting for carolers to arrive when he passed away on Christmas eve so many years ago. This organization has carolers go out and collect money which is then given to various children’s charities throughout St. Louis. It has been fun to recruit carolers and to take my Girl Scouts caroling every year. It is a great way to build memories!
Speaking of Girl Scouts, that is the second organization that I have been celebrating 100 years with! It is actually the 100th birthday of the Girl Scouts this year! I have been involved with the Scouting organization for 14 years. This has been so much fun to celebrate! There have been many parties and it is so neat to learn so much of the history of the Girl Scouts and share it with my girls. What a great way to build girls morale and teach them to be in service to others!
I am honored to be involved with these organizations and am enjoying every minute of the celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment